Monday 10 October 2011

Ponteng :P

Good morning. So I am 'sick' today. And I realise this place where I have been staying for 1.5 years is actually a prison.

If you are staying in my boarding school, when you are sick and are not going to school, you have to report to the office at 7.30am so they will know that you are sick. But I happily slept until 8am today.

If you do not report, a matron will come up to your room to check whether you are alive. They will know that you are still in the boarding school because you have to tap your card to get the doors open and to leave the hostel. Basically they can track your location at a specific time if you ever use your card to open a door. And there are doors everywhere in the boarding school!

So the Curtain Lady (her hair looks like curtain) came to my room when my friend called and told me that they would come and find me. And I was still wrapped in my blanket. 'Chew Zhi Xin, Chew Zhi Xin. It's 8.30am already. So how?' I felt like telling her, 'What so how? CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I AM SICK?' Looking 'sick' and sleepy, I told her, 'Erm...I am...sick.'

She didn't even ask me how I am feeling. Then she went on and said things like 'Do you know that you have to report at 7.30' and 'I give you a chance and you go and report now.' Hello, if people are really sick do you think they will be able to go down and report to you?! But interestingly, most people who are 'sick' do go down.

That's not the end of the story. You still have to get a medical certificate and submit it to the office. I thought it is only the teachers' duty to check MC. My friend said his friend 'died' because he didn't get a MC last time. To make sure that I will still be alive to enjoy my holiday after these 2 months, I decided not to take any risks.


Going to see doctor now. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment