Saturday 30 January 2010

Yesterday at 6am, I jumped up from my bed when zhuang wen was shaking me and at the same time my phone rang. The sender of the message was 74688. I think we made some noise and then yeeching also woke up and she received message from the 74688 about 5 seconds later. Then, we sat together and open the message. Yeeching shouted first, ‘Hwa Chong!’ Then, zhuang wen. “National!” My reaction was a bit slow and I was quite calm and said ‘NJ’. But after that I realised my heart was beating vigorously. Haha. Since we couldn’t go back to sleep anymore, we went down for breakfast. It was sad that my last Milo in HCIBS was like ER….It’s more like milk.


After breakfast, we were so excited then we decided to visit NJ boarding school. (After that we found out that we were the most stupid ones as other people made calls to know their moving time but we walked all the way from Hwa Chong just to know the time and then walked back.) In the afternoon, we went Bukit Timah Plaze for pizzaHut but the baked rice was very not nice! 

After lunch we went back to Hwa Chong and started moving our stuff from 6th floor to the ground floor. We borrowed two trolleys and I think we had rushed up and down for no less than 10 times. Can imagine how many things we have. Yeeching called a taxi and the taxi driver was a bit impatient because he had been waiting there for quite long but our speed of carrying things to the ground floor was quite slow. Haha. When the taxi was full, I boarded the taxi and immediately said sorry to the driver. He didn’t answer. We headed to NJC boarding school.

At NJC boarding school, we started taking out all the boxes and bags and whatever from the taxi and put it at the lobby. Someone(I still don’t know her name) came and said, ‘you are late huh.’ It was about 2pm and we were supposed to report by 1. Luckily, we are new and people usually do not scold new borders. I forgot to check out from HC and I had to go back. To save money, I wanted to walk back but I felt lazy and it would take a long time. So I asked the taxi driver to send me back. He didn’t turn on the meter thingy as he thought I just wanted to go back and he didn’t mind sending me back for free. Haha…then I told him we had to take his taxi for the second time. Once again, he waited outside the general office until we filled the car. And once again, I went NJ with the taxi. This time, he told me he didn’t need us to pay and wanted us to study hard and do well. He said his wife is a Malaysian and she was studying and working in Singapore. His mum is also a Malaysian. Although I was so happy that we don’t have to pay, to be polite, I said something like ‘don’t want la…you on the meter la…’ kind of thing.

Since we had so many things, two taxis were unable to carry everything there, so there was a third. The taxi driver was so funny that he tried to scare zhuang wen by telling her that the fare was $200. In the end, I decided to give 5 more dollars to the driver but he refused to accept it and what we could do was just saying thank you. Really! Thank you very much! And thank you yeeching for calling a good taxi at a good time. Haha.

Then, we registered and move stuff to our rooms. I will skip that part. Nothing interesting.

Now, let’s talk about my new boarding school.

It is the newest hostel in Singapore.

7 levels in total. I stay at the 2nd floor. 2 bedded room

Very high-tech. Even lift also need to tap card.

The food is much nicer than that in Hwa Chong.

We cannot use our own bed sheet. Two sets of bed sheets are provided (one green one yellow). We have to change it every week.

Washing machines charge $1 per wash and dryers charge $1 per dry.

No wireless in the room, only at the dining hall.

Curfew: Monday to Thursday – 8pm

             Friday to Saturday – 10pm

Supper is provided

I think that's all I want to say about the boarding school...haha...so far so good.

Oh...since there is no wireless in the room, I won't come up here quite often.

Bye.

Written on 28/01/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment