Monday 11 July 2011

Some sort of disappointment

It was sad that I failed to wake the sleeping people up during the presentation

One year ago, in the speech competition
one of the contestants who was playing with her phone throughout
looked up at me on the stage when I started talking
The feeling was good
and it gave me confidence to continue with my speech

A few weeks after that
during the EXCO election speech day
the teacher who was busy marking his students' work when people were speaking
did the same as the contestant above when I spoke

During PW oral presentation
the audience who were sleeping woke up when it was my turn to present

I am not sure whether these people just happened to lift up their heads 
or they were really being attracted by what I said
but I was vain enough to feel good about myself when I saw their eyes on me

Today
during the physics presentation in class
there were people who were already sleeping before our group's presentation
and we were the only group that did not use a powerpoint to present
so everything just seemed boring (it was really boring perhaps)

the first time when it was my turn to speak
I was hoping that I could do some magic to wake those people up
but apparently I failed
then I passed on the time to my groupmates
I was kind of frustrated
as people were just talking and some sleeping during the presentation (I am really thankful for the rest who at least showed that they were listening)
after a while, the teacher woke those who were sleeping up
it was really embarrassing for the presenters
and you know why

at last, it was my turn again
I did my best
but only managed to stop some people from talking
and did not have much impacts on those who were falling asleep

I am not like a very talented person
so I always expect people to at least listen to me when I speak at the front
It is just disappointing when you are not doing well in something, or most probably the only thing that you are better at.


No comments:

Post a Comment